The step-by-step web design process proven to allow you to create confidently, charge more, and totally delight your clients.
You’re tired of stalled projects, frustrated clients, and out-of-control timelines. You’d love to uplevel your design business so you can charge more for your work – but you’re stuck on a hamster wheel and too overwhelmed to see a way through the drama.
How do you…
- Take complex projects in confidence, knowing you can deliver?
- Master your design schedule and keep clients on track?
- Guide clients and avoid endless changes, revisions, and frustration?
- Master the “taking what they say and turn it into a design they love” part of design?
You might be questioning your design skills… or wondering if this business you love is actually viable. You might be wondering what you’re doing wrong and feeling wounded when clients can’t just relax and trust. But here’s the thing – it’s not personal, your problem is your process.
You need a design process that allows clients to participate with you – at the right points along the way – securing their trust and making your projects go profitably and oh-so-smoothly.
Here’s what you get in Designing to Delight
Designing to Delight teaches you how to master the art of drama-free design — specifically — establishing a smooth design process and guiding clients through it.
Each video lesson is approximately 10-20 minutes long, with the optional tutorials running a little longer. It’s a course you’ll take action on immediately, incorporating what you learn into your very next project.
Lesson 1: Course Overview
- Learn the “how-to” behind strategic design thinking and learn how shifting your approach gives you confidence (before you even get started) so you can reach the perfect design solution, for every client, every time.
- Discover how a repeatable design process will allow you to dedicate your creative energy to the design, rather than become a slave to the process.
Lesson 2: Interpreting the Client Intake
- Use the sample blank client intake + cheat sheet provided to craft a questionnaire that extracts what you need from the client to deliver the best result.
- Learn how to translate your client’s answers into the next steps for their project (it’s easier than you think).
Lesson 3: Researching Relevant Inspiration
- Understand why visual brainstorming is an important part of crafting designs that are perceived by the world as intended.
- Discover techniques for helping clients establish the right brand personality words that will serve as a strong foundation for your visual research.
- Learn how to break down your client’s answers into a starting point for your research, so you can gather the most relevant inspiration to be influenced by (which is the fastest way to the best solution).
Lesson 4: Creating a Custom Wireframe
- Create an effective, functional structure for your client’s website based on their business goals. Learn why involving clients this early increases trust and reduces revision cycles.
- Save tons of time! Get your wireframes started using a complete set of custom Illustrator wireframe templates.
Lesson 5: Establishing a Design Starting Point
- Learn how style tiles can completely streamline your design process and keep you from wasting hours going in the wrong direction.
- Discover how incorporating style tiles allows the client to participate (and build trust) before “real design” begins (not after everything is set in stone!)
Lesson 6: Designing the Homepage Concept
- Learn how to consolidate the collaborative work you’ve done so far into a single “best” solution your client will love.
- Discover how client approval on structure and styling will significantly shorten design time and reduce revision cycles.
Bonus Lessons also Included!
- Bonus: Leading Clients thru a Drama Free Design Experience – Learn how to guide clients through the process, as well as collect and apply feedback (without fearing it!)
- Bonus: How to Schedule a Design Project – Learn how to plan your projects in a way that actually helps clients gather and prioritize content without schedule-breaking delays.
Read more about: Christine Marie