Dan Sheridan – How to Manage a $25,000 Portfolio
Class Description: In this class, Dan Sheridan gives a snapshot of how he teaches students in the Sheridan Mentoring Programs. No class has ever been offered in this way! Dan demonstrates how he combines Weekly and Monthly strategies into an effective plan for consistent income and puts on LIVE trades in almost every class. The goal was to generate 6% or $1500 per month in this portfolio. This class is extremely practical and designed to help you start trading successfully on your own!
Class Format: This class is a collection of video recordings from the actual live class that was previously offered. Upon purchase, an email will be sent containing login credentials needed to access the archived class page. Each class typically runs for four weeks with two classes each week. Some classes contain additional videos and sessions. Purchasing access to a class gives access to all class recordings as well as trade updates, PDF’s, and PowerPoints.
- You are welcome to ask questions directly to Dan or another mentor
- Each class recording is a minimum of 1 hour, a total of approximately 10-12 hours
- All fees for online classes are deductible towards our GOLD Mentoring Program ($1000 limit)
Detailed Class Content
Class #1: With Dan talking Important considerations in Constructing a 25K Portfolio and Longer Duration Iron Condors
- 1- Intro and Outline
- 16:15- Philosophy: How do we trade for Weekly and Monthly Income?
Overall Portfolio Philosophy in Sheridan Mentoring- 3 Parts of a Portfolio
- 26:25- Magic of Repeatable Trades
- 30:15- Technicals in our Trading
- 39:10- Financial Goals and Plan for our 25K Portfolio
- 42:20- Allocation of Capital and Trades in the 25K Portfolio, using VIX
- 49:18- Profit and Loss Plan
- 50:07- Vehicle Selection
- 1:02:05- Futures Options
- 1:03:50- Long Term Iron Condors in SPX (Word Document with guidelines)
- 1:09:10- Example of Long Term Iron Condor to go over guidelines just discussed. Looked at Class Trade #1 put on January 7.
Using this example to go over Iron Condor guidelines for longer term Iron Condors.
This example in SPX was 72 days from expiration when put on.
- 1:29- Introduction to Iron Butterflies
Class Ends 1 hr 39 min and 50 sec
Class #2: With Dan talking Unbalanced Iron Butterfly in RUT and more considerations in Constructing a 25K Portfolio.
- 1- Intro
- 3-41:20- min Class Trade #2 Iron Butterfly in RUT (Unbalanced Butterfly) and Teaching time on this Butterfly Methodology.
Dan also talked about the Plan and adjustments, very thorough. Dan combined teaching time and new class trade.
- 41:20-44:15- Class Trade #1 Review 72 Day Iron Condor in SPX, initially put on January 7.
- 45:05- Q and A on Butterflys
- 54- Word Document for earlier Iron Butterfly Discussion
- 57:30- Diversification in a $25 K Portfolio
- 1:04- Core Strategies in 25K Portfolio
- 1:05- Ideal Duration of Trades in the 25K Portfolio
- 1:08- How do we Manage Portfolio Greeks?
- 1:09- Managing Delta and Vega Risk with Credit Spreads
- 1:09:35- 2 Specific Plans for Managing a 25K Portfolio
- 1:11:35- Q and A
Class Ends 1 hr 17 min 37 sec
Class #3: With Dan talking Volatility
- 1- Intro, Annotation on the Class page
- 6:05- Q and A on word Document on RUT Iron Butterfly and explanation of some of the guidelines
- 15:25- Implied Volatility
- 23:05- Standard Deviation
- 39:15- Vega Example of what volatility to use for standard deviation formula
- 49:40- Implied Volatility of a Spread
- 57:10- Example of Implied Volatility of a spread in the ONE software
- 1:06:50- Review Class Trade #2 Unbalanced Iron Butterfly
- 1:13:20- Review Class Trade #1 72 Day Iron Condor in SPX
- 1:16- 25 K Portfolio Update
- 1:22:10- New Live Trade: Weekly Calendar
- 1:35- Q and A
Class Ends 1 hr 42 min and 16 sec
Class #4: With Dan talking Credit Spreads
- 1- Intro and Q and A
- 8:00- How to pick a vehicle for Credit Spreads?
- 24:05- Do I use Puts (Bullish) or Calls (Bearish) with my credit Spreads? With Stocks and Indexes?
- 27:35- What duration (days to expiration) should I use with Credit Spreads?
- 29:35- What strike should I sell with Credit Spreads?
- 31:17- What strike should I buy with Credit Spreads?
- 32:55- How to execute Credit Spreads?
- 36:05- Profit and Loss Plan for Credit Spreads?
- 40- Case Study for Credit Spread Adjustments (Using Put Credit Spread)
- 41:10- Profit and Loss Plan in my Case Study?
- 49:45- When to adjust Credit Spreads?
- 54:20- Going over Case study example
- 56:20- How to use Insurance at the beginning of a Credit Spread?
- 1:06:45- Adjustments for Credit Spread #1 Take off some Spreads
- 1:11:15- Adjustments for Credit Spread #2 Roll short options down a strike (if upside, up a strike)
- 1:12:26- Adjustments for Credit Spread #3 Roll spread down and possible increase size. (if calls, roll spread up)
- 1:14:52- Adjustments for Credit Spread #4 Buy Long option (on downside put and upside call)
- 1:16:35- Adjustments for Credit Spread #5 Buy a Vertical Spread
- 1:18:20- Adjustments for Credit Spread #6 Buy out-of-the- money Calendar (Puts on downside and Calls on upside)
- 1:19:46- Adjustments for Credit Spread #7 Turn Credit Spread into a Butterfly
- 1:25- Adjustments for Credit Spread #8 Turn Credit Spread into a Calendar
- 1:27:20- Adjustments for Credit Spread #9 Turn Credit Spread into an Iron Condor
- 1:30:45- Review Class Trades 25K Portfolio
- 1:31:08- Review 1st Class Trade 72 Day iron Condor that I took off
- 1:33:32- Review Class Trade #2 RUT iron Butterfly that I took off
- 1:38:19- Review Class Trade #3 RUT Weekly Calendar that I took off today
Class Ends 1 hr 47 min and 12 sec
Class #5: With Dan Weekly and Monthly Calendars
- 1- Intro: Class page annotation, New class trade from Monday Jan 26 e-mail
- 7:15- Intro Q and A, On any given day, how much of 25K Capital should be put to work?
- 14:25- Intro Q and A, Summary of how I would schedule the trades for the 25K Class?
- 18:50- Weekly Calendars (following Word Document from Class Page)
- 38:25- Monthly Calendars (following Word Document from Class page)
- 1:05:45- Review Class Trade #4 RUT Iron Condor 23 days from Expiration (Trade put on Jan 26)
- 1:08:40- New Class Trade #5 RUT Weekly Calendar Buy 1 Feb 1190 Put (Feb 20 expiration)
- and sell 1 Feb 1190 Put (Feb 6 Expiration) for $8.15 debit ($815)
Class Ends 1 hr 13 min and 31 sec
Class #6: With Dan talking the “Navy Seal assisted Put Credit Spread” (Iron Condor alternative)
- 1– Intro- announcements, today’s outline, and Q and A
- 1:25– Intro- class page annotation of Wednesday’s Class
- 7:40– Intro Q and A Since we got the Weekly Calendar off in 1 day, put on Wednesday and took off Thursday,
- would we put it right back on?
- 11:10– Intro- Q and A Who do we contact if we don’t get class trade updates?
- 11:19– Intro- Q and A How do we choose between NDX, RUT, and SPX for best Vehicle for Income Trades?
- 14:17– Q and A Rut moves more than SPX?
- 14:38– Q and A Open outcry in SPX differ from electronic trading in RUT?
- 15:45– Q and A Better fills in Weekly or Monthly execution?
- 16:2– 25 K update of the Class Trades (Goal to make $1500 monthly)
- 25:00– Calendar for putting on February Trades for 25K Portfolio
- 34:15– Navy Seal assisted Put Credit Spread and Case Study
- 1:16– Review Class Trade # 4 RUT Iron Condor, put on Jan 26
- 1:21:18– Review Class Trade #5 Weekly RUT Calendar put on Jan 28 and took off Jan 29
- 1:22:25– New Class Trade #6: Navy Seal Assisted Put Credit Spread
- 1:33:40– Announcement of Huntington Beach Seminar on February 19 and Feb 21 Phoenix Index Seminar
Class Ends 1 hr 36 min and 17 sec
Class #7: With Dan Teaching Double Diagonals and the Weekly Iron Butterfly
- 1– Intro: Topics covered so far in the 25K Class
- 1:23– Review of the 6 Class Trades done so far in 25K Class
- 2:20– Live Trade #7 Weekly Iron Butterfly Feb 13 Expiration SPX $ 2046 2045-2070
- Call credit spread and 2045-2015 Put Credit Spread Total Credit $21.15 Credit
- 9:10– Review Class Trade #4 RUT Iron Condor
- 11:45– Review Class Trade #6 Navy Seal Assisted Put Credit Spread
- 22:00– Weekly Iron Butterfly teaching from Word Document (using AMZN as example),
- also discussed insurance for a big move. Talked about adjustments
- 40:10– Double Diagonals (Used IBM as an example), and covered adjustments
- 49- END– Took a last look at Live trade #7 put on today, Weekly Iron Butterfly in SPX.
Class #8:Wrap up with Dan
- 1- Intro Class page and annotation of last class
- 4:50- Review Class Trade #7: Weekly Unbalanced Iron Butterfly on SPX with adjustments
- 17:35- SPX Price Chart of what the market did during the 25K Class
- 20:25- Question on Iron Butterfly Trade, would I take off entire call side if we keep going up?
- 21:45- Question on Iron Butterfly Trade, additional upside adjustment if we keep going up?
- A few other questions from students are also covered.
- 27:25- What is a Couch Potato Income Strategy?
- 30:38- Strategies I like the best?
- 35- Do I ever tighten up the good side of an Iron Butterfly (Put side), when the market goes up?
- Tighten means narrowing the credit spread.
- 37:07- Choosing butterfly width when Volatilities change?
- 39:17- With Navy Seal Assisted put Credit Spread versus just smaller quantity of put credit spreads?
- 57:15- one more last look on Class Trade #7: Weekly Unbalanced Iron Butterfly
- 1:00:02- (1 Hr and 2 min) Constructing trades where you have no Vega risk or reduced Vega Risk?
- 1:08:25- Next 2 Online Classes, Butterfly Class and then Credit Spreads.
Class Ends 1 hr and 12 min and 50 sec
Readmore about : Dan Sheridan
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to TheDLCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your TheDLCourse account then going to Downloads Page.