Renaissance Periodization – “Male Physique Training Templates”
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Easy-to-use spreadsheet with four different training mesocycles (blocks) built in that covers almost 20 weeks of training. This includes three high-volume blocks and one lower-volume resensitization block.
- Customized template based on your training experience, body part focus, and the number of days you would like to train.
- Reusable program so you can get years worth of training with a one-time purchase.
- Auto-regulated program that gives you steady results while lowering your injury risk.
What is the purpose of the templates?
These templates were created to let you quickly and easily design customizable weight training programs for muscular development. In plain language, it’s a program generator designed to get you one of two things:
More muscular all around (or just in places where you need the most work)
Save your hard-earned muscle while losing fat
The design of the templates is such that you can use them while gaining weight (for maximal muscle growth), while maintaining weight (for some muscle growth and fat loss at the same time), and/or while losing weight (to save your hard-earned muscle while you chisel away the fat).
Can you use the templates with other sports?
- If you compete in bodybuilding, classic physique, or men’s physique, this template is going to generate some of the most advanced and effective training around. But if you’re just interested in putting on some muscle or keeping your muscle while you lose fat, this template is right up your alley as well!
- When you rate your soreness and strength on the template, it adjusts the volume and gives you more or less work depending on how you’re recovering. Be very honest in filling out the ratings and if you’re sore from functional fitness or any other training. And if you feel it during your physique workouts, rate that accordingly! This way, your training of both can remain balanced and you won’t find yourself beat up and under-recovering.
These are big recommendations because if you try to add too much stuff to one program, you’ll fatigue much more than you can handle and you might find yourself overreached and with worse performance in all areas. As long as you make sure to effectively balance your workload and your recovery (by being honest with yourself and properly rating the physique template workouts), you can use these templates to build muscle for many other endeavors. Just be logical and don’t try to triple up on everything! If you have a coach/coaches for other sports, our best advice is to talk over your physique template use with them.
Can I use these when losing fat, gaining muscle, or maintaining?
Good news! You can use these high volume (hypertrophy) templates during any dieting phase (to gain weight, to lose weight, or maintain weight). The 3rd mesocycle “resensitization” is a lower volume phase and might be best used during a maintenance phase (to keep bodyweight steady).
Can females use these?
It’s not recommended. We recommend that females use the dedicated Female Physique Training Templates for optimal results.
What equipment will I need for these?
The minimum equipment requirements are:
- A barbell
- Adjustable Bench
- Squat Rack
- Free weights (Both Plates and Dumbbells)
(all of which are / can support weight that will challenge you after 10 reps).
If you have that basic equipment at home you can train there and skip the gym. There is no need for machines or any other “fancy” gym equipment.
How many days per week should I choose to train?
Of-course while choosing more days will yield better results and recovery, we recommend choosing the number you are realistically able to stick with.
What if I want to emphasize multiple body parts at once?
In that case, we recommend the full body option. If you want to emphasize another body part, it will require a separate template purchase.
What does the body part emphasis mean?
Quite simply, if you pick a body part emphasis, it means the volume goes up on that particular body part while the volume for the other body part goes down (to minimum effective amounts). It does not mean the workouts are only for that body part (ex – full body means you split volume equally for your entire body and it does not imply you are doing full body workouts each day).
Can I use these templates at a CF gym or “globo” gym?
You can use these templates at a CF gym or a “globo” gym. If you use a CF gym for these, your exercise selection is limited due to lack of machines, but they’re still very effective without machines. If you work out at a “globo” gym, the templates will provide more variation of exercise selection.
By “globo” gym, we mean most traditional gyms that have free weights and machines (think 24hr Fitness).