DISCOVER HOW THE PRANA VAYUS ARE RELATED TO THE STRUCTURE OF THE BODY, THE CHAKRAS, AND THE MENTAL/EMOTIONAL PATTERNS, AND LEARN HOW TO CULTIVATE SENSITIVITY
TO THE INNER PRANIC FLOW OF INTELLIGENCE AND AWARENESS.
Then, explore prana shakti through the prana vayus, the five aspects of prana that animate and integrate the body and mind.
Because inner healing and awakening begins with understanding and accessing the life force, prana shakti, working with this potent force is the objective of yoga practice.
What You’ll Learn In Breath of Life: The Five Prana Vayus?
- How the prana vayus are related to the structure of the body, the chakras, and the mental/emotional patterns
- How to cultivate sensitivity to the inner pranic flow of intelligence and awareness
- Practicing asanas as yantras–powerful forms that activate and transform the pranic body to sustain our physical structure and our mental/emotional life
- Refining the subtle practices of bandhas and kriyas to direct the flow of specific pranas
- Further developing pranic awareness with pranayama to concentrate and intensify prana, and open up the expansive inner world of clarity, tranquility, healing, and empowerment
- Vajra yogini mudra and other hatha yoga practices for mobilizing prana
- The relationship of the three bandhas and the three granthis (knots) to the physical body and to the five subdivisions of prana
- How the shat kriyas, the six cleansing actions, work on the prana vayus
- The practice of the shat kriyas, asana, and pranayamas targeting the five vayus
About Sandra Anderson
For over 20 years Sandra Anderson has shared her extensive experience in yoga theory and practice with students from all over the world. A senior faculty member and resident at the Himalayan Institute, her teaching reflects access to the living oral tradition, and the embodied experience of 30 years of dedicated practice.
With a background in the natural sciences and interest in classical Sanskrit, along with frequent pilgrimages to India, Sandy has a rare capacity to eloquently convey the richness of spiritual life in our contemporary world. She is the coauthor of the award-winning book, Yoga Mastering the Basics, and was a contributing editor and columnist for Yoga International magazine. She is now a frequent contributor to YogaInternational.com, offering instructional videos and articles. Sandy leads workshops, trainings and retreats both nationally and internationally, and at the headquarters of the Himalayan Institute.
More courses from the same author: Sandra AndersonShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1