Use key concepts and practices from Existential Philosophy to turn your life into a work of art
- Just bring your curiosity
Why are you alive? How should you live? How can you turn your life into a work of art? How can you live an authentic life – that is, live the life that you were meant to live?
If you have ever posed yourself these kinds of questions, you’re in good company. Philosophers known as “Existentialists” have posed these questions about our own lives and developed some very useful theories and practices around them.
In this course you will learn to examine your life and the choices you make from the standpoint of freedom, meaning, and community. You will learn what kind of projects give meaning to your life.
The course consists of:
- 11 thematic videos on giving shape to your life (2-5 minutes),
- 7 narrated powerpoint videos on the life and work of existentialist philosophers (3-10 mins)
- a series of exercises for you to try out in your daily life
- some short original texts from my forthcoming book
Who this course is for:
- If you have asked yourself what the meaning of life is, and what your own life is for, then this course is for you. If you are allergic to philosophical ideas, you might like to skip it.